Certified Millburn NJ Home Inspector | Blair Home Inspections
We bring a detail-oriented, educated, smart and experienced approach to all our certified Essex County NJ Home Inspections. With years of experience, including owning, selling homes and working in construction – Blair Home Inspections has an excellent eye for the mechanics of and for inspecting your home.
What is a Home Inspection?
A home inspection is a non-invasive detailed inspection of a home. During all our Millburn and Essex County NJ Certified Home Inspections, we will tour your house and property looking for defects and strengths of construction, as well as educating and giving you tips on keeping your house in excellent condition. You can check out a sample of one of our extensive home inspection reports here.
What does the Home Inspector look for?
We test different systems within the house, townhouse or condominium and look at their components. The home inspection is performed following the State of New Jersey Regulations. (N.J.A.C. 13:40-15.16 (c). We perform a nondestructive inspection of the following:
- Structural foundation, floors, walls, ceilings, and roof
- Exterior surfaces, doors, windows, decks, steps, and railings
- Roof- drainage, flashing, skylights and chimney exteriors
- Plumbing-bathrooms, supply, and distribution, drain, waste and venting system, water tanks
- Electrical – main panel, wiring, circuit breakers, switches and outlets
- Heating – furnace, boiler and fuel storage (if applicable)
- Air Conditioning – central cooling systems (weather permitting, must be over 65F)
- Interiors – walls, ceilings, floors, stairways, kitchen-stoves, refrigerators and dishwashers
- Insulation & Ventilation- unfinished spaces, crawl spaces, and attic
- Fireplaces – visual inspection of a hearth, fireboxes, lintels, damper, and flue if visible